The Creative LifeEstablished in 1981, TCL Corporation is a global leader in consumer electronics and communications with over 50,000 employees worldwide. TCL runs the world 6th largest TV business and 7th largest mobile phone business with globally respected brands Alcatel, Thomson and TCL. In the North America market, TCL ships Alcatel mobile phones and TCL TVs.
Other than its real estate and investment and logistics & services business, TCL Corporation also carries products in the areas of telephone, DVD player, air conditioning, home appliances, and lighting. TCL’s worldwide distribution is conducted via its 40,000 global sales offices and authorized agencies. In 2010, the brand value of TCL has exceeded $6.84 billion.
TCL Research America, a part of TCL Corporation, is headquartered at Santa Clara, USA. The goal of this organization is to create innovative technology, fully utilizing technical advancements of Silicon Valley, in a few selective areas that are important to TCL business.
Our research program consists of the following five components:
• Multimedia: Investigate components along the lifecycle of media content, namely, from creation, compression, processing, transmission to rendering;
• Communications: Investigate latest advances in mobile communications and networking area;
• Smart Computing: Investigate on algorithms and solutions to improve the degree of intelligence of end-point devices or service agents in the cloud.
• Emerging Technology: Investigate on cutting-edge technologies in fields other than multimedia, computing and communications.
• MIT Lab: a joint program with MIT professors and researchers.
Universities in Collaboration
- Carnegie-Mellon University
- University of Miami
- University of Vermont
- Florida International University
TCL Research America Funding Policy
- We sponsor university & professor research activities in relevant areas via Gift or Grant Programs, however, we will not allow for any F&A charges or tuition fee charges. The company will only pay direct expenses.